[Qgis-user] QGIS 3.18.0 and QGIS 3.14.4 (LTR) packages released and OSGeo4W reboot

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Sat Feb 27 12:26:56 PST 2021

Hi Jorge,

On Sat, 27. Feb 2021 at 17:00:09 +0000, Jorge Gustavo Rocha wrote:
> Maybe Nyall can provide more details, but I think this is supported on
> QGIS side. As Greg said, this might not be friendly for offline users,
> but would help us to have smaller packages for Windows users.

But is size an issue?   I mean if it really was people would not be insisting
on a single huge blob installer, if there is a way to update just the newer
bits through the osgeo4w installer (ignoring that wouldn't work for the current
transition either).

Anyway, IIRC the proj downloads would need to happen transparently as the
transformation does - possibly coordinated between several threads that etc.pp.
And there was no easy take on that.

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden            https://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode