[Qgis-user] QGIS 3.16 Training Manual - Module 8.2.1 - Intersect features

Inna Nogeste nogeste at outlook.com
Thu Jan 7 09:23:14 PST 2021

I’m working through the training manual and completed all the preceding modules and their output files.
When I get to Module 8.2.1
https://docs.qgis.org/3.16/en/docs/training_manual/complete_analysis/analysis_combination.html#moderate-ty
to intersect my previous output files I get an error message when I run the Intersection tool that a feature in my Overlay layer ’has invalid geometry. Please fix the geometry or change the Processing setting to the “Ignore invalid input features” option.’

The overlay layer is a polygonized vector layer createdin a previous modeul in the training manual from a raster layer.
The invalid geometry in the polygonized layer represents 1 individual cell in the original raster layer. Changing the Processing setting to ”Skip (Ignore) Features with Invalid Geometries” doesn’t help and outputs an empty layer.

Has anyone else had problems with this module and the layer files created in previous modules?
I’ve noted that the original SRTM_41_19.TIF exercise data is in EPSG 32733 and not EPSG 32734 as per the other exercise (vector) data and this causes issues when you get to Module 8.

I’m currently documenting discrepancies that I’m finding in the training manual and am assuming that I can eventually add them to https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3AEasy

Regards,

Inna Nogeste

Skickades från E-post<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> för Windows 10