[Qgis-user] Q calculates Area incorrectly

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Jan 8 00:38:12 PST 2021

On 1/8/21 9:24 AM, johnparrottca at gmail.com wrote:
> A colleague digitised a number of polygons on my laptop 3 years ago.
>
> Ijustloaded these on my desktop and used Q(3.16.2)to calculate areas, but theyreport incorrectly.

Hi John,

Your message does not contain any information on which somebody can do something on it, or try to answer a question (which is also NOT there :-) ...

If you can add some info about:
- crs/projection/epsg you used both for data and project (are you reprojecting? Is it a non-geographical crs?)
- data you use (maybe make it avaialable, in a github issue?)
- OS and QGIS version you use
- why you think/know it is reporting incorrect (and 'how incorrect' exactly...)

Then maybe somebody can look into this and find a solution...

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoordd