[Qgis-user] Problem with QGIS3 closing down when adding a raster data layer

Shannon sjnailor at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 04:55:42 PST 2021

Hi, hope someone can help.

I am planning on using QGIS for my dissertation and am in the planning
stages of the proposal. I currently have a lightmap data set available for
download with 12 files for the year I'm interested in. My problem is that
when I am following a guidance video from YouTube and inputting the data as
a raster layer, the QGIS software once I click add and as expected go to
set my WGIS co-ords closes down with no reason.

Within the video I am using, it has GMT Net cdf grid format (*nc *.NC),
while my laptop is showing the GMT Net cdf grid format. Could this be the
problem? When I look at the 2 files I have downloaded so far the type is
NC. My supervisor has told me to stick with QGIS and to sort out the
problem.

Hoping someone can help me troubleshoot the problem, I previously used Q
during a summer course to learn the software and in loading maps so unsure
why I’m having issues with a raster layer.

Thanks.