[Qgis-user] raster: calculate area

Azzurra Lentini azzurralentini at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 14:31:23 PST 2021

Hi List,
I have a raster file DTM (altitude attribute in the pixels). I reclassified
this raster in 4 classes of altitude and I need to calculate for each
class  the area (in how many square meters is each different class
extended).
I can for example transform the raster file reclassified into a vector file
and calculate the area, but is it possible to do without any
vectorialization and so directly calculating it from the raster file?

 Thanks, Azzurra

--
Lecturer GIS University "Roma Tre"
Consultant Environmental Risk Prevention and Hydrogeology

*azzurralentini at gmail.com <azzurralentini at gmail.com>*

*azzurra.lentini at uniroma3.it <azzurra.lentini at uniroma3.it> *
*Par respect pour l'environnement,*

*n'imprimez ce mail qu'en cas d'absolue nécessité*