[Qgis-user] How to filter shape or oracle layer

Richard McDonnell richard.mcdonnell at opw.ie
Thu Jun 10 06:03:36 PDT 2021

I work a lot with National datasets, some with millions of geometries
With these geometries we use PostgreSQL with PostGIS. Make sure the Geometries are indexed and it works very well.
You mention Oracle, you should be able to index your geometries, should speed everything up on the database side.
Have a look here..

https://docs.oracle.com/database/121/SPATL/creating-spatial-index.htm

You may have already done this. Apologies, I can’t be of more help.
Regards,

Richard

——
Richard McDonnell MSc GIS, FME Certified Professional
FRM Data Management

——
Oifig na nOibreacha Poiblí
Office of Public Works

Sráid Jonathan Swift, Baile Átha Troim, Co na Mí, C15 NX36
Jonathan Swift Street, Trim, Co Meath, C15 NX36
——
M +353 87 688 5964 T +353 46 942 2409
https://gov.ie/opw

——