[Qgis-user] QGIS Server and OsGeoLive

Riccardo D'Alvito r.chogan at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 12 01:55:11 PDT 2021

Good morning.
I ask for help regarding the use of QGIS and QGIS Server in OSGeoLive.

I have read numerous online guides that explain how to do the same thing: modify a QGIS project and create a new QGIS project (example: https://live.osgeo.org/archive/9.0/en/quickstart/qgis_mapserver_quickstart.html ).

As for editing the project, I managed to do it: specifically it was talking about changing the colors of a layer. I was initially allowed to modify that project but was prevented from saving. It was necessary to insert a line of code (sudo chmod -R 777 /var/www/html/qgis) inside the QTerminal which allowed me to save it and, therefore, to view it online.

As for the creation of a new project, however, although I follow the steps as indicated, I cannot make it appear online and I cannot understand how to extrapolate the link that allows me to view it online.

I hope I was clear in my request.

Thank you,

Riccardo