[Qgis-user] Snapping adjoining existing polygons

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 23:23:43 PDT 2021

Hello Pat,

(Ignore last message, this is the complete one)

You can try using the processing tool Snap Geometries to layer using the
good layer as reference.

https://docs.qgis.org/3.16/en/docs/user_manual/processing_algs/qgis/vectorgeometry.html#snap-geometries-to-layer

Then, to improve the snapping on segments that the previous tool was not
successful, you can use the reshape tool (advanced digitizing toolbar)
together with the automatic tracing tool (snaping toolbar).

https://docs.qgis.org/3.16/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_vector/editing_geometry_attributes.html#reshape-features

https://docs.qgis.org/3.16/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_vector/editing_geometry_attributes.html#automatic-tracing

Alexandre Neto
QGIS Support