[Qgis-user] QGIS Server - serve WMS with basic authentication

Marco Casalboni casalbonim at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 10:19:43 PDT 2021

Hi all,
this is my setup:

Server: linux debian 10
QGIS server version: 3.18
Http server: apache

Is it possible to serve WMS layers with the http basic authentication?
I think I can do this by configuring an apache virtual host

BUT

What if I want to configure the layer list according to a specific user
role?
The best I can think, is to create a new project for every configuration I
need and then bind a new apache virtual host to each configuration, but
this would be a pain if I have to change something common in every
configuration.

Is there a more integrated solution directly in QGIS server configuration?

regards

Marco