[Qgis-user] QGIS Server - serve WMS with basic authentication

Germán Carrillo carrillo.german at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 18:29:09 PDT 2021

Hi Marco,

I published a blog where I configured permissions based on user roles for a
QGIS Server workshop.
Keep in mind that it was just a demo. It was based on some plugin examples
by Alessandro Pasotti.

One single project, one single WMS, several user roles and different
permissions (based on spatial and non-spatial filters) per role.

You can read here [1] the instructions.
They are unfortunately only in Spanish. Even though I created an English
version, we are migrating the whole website at the moment, so it's
unavailable.
I hope you manage to translate them.

BTW, according to your use case, you would need to focus on
"layerPermissions" (see the link Thomas posted earlier in this thread).

Regards,

Germán