[Qgis-user] (re)colloring overlapping parts of multipolygons

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sun Jun 20 00:33:50 PDT 2021

On 6/20/21 1:22 AM, Charles Dixon-Paver wrote:

> Basically my suggestion would be to use an expression like color_hsv(aggregate(@layer,aggregate:='count',expression:="id",filter:=intersects($geometry,geometry(@parent)))*40,100,100)

Thanks Charles! Looks very interesting, but I'm not able to use it yet: what does it need as input layer(s)/features?
Does it need a count column? This is only setting the color of overlapping features yes?

Meanwhile I found
https://github.com/kgjenkins/qgis-count-polygon-overlap

Which happily counts the overlaps, after using my earlier expression to create the different polygons, so I can easily color them according to that count. See screenshot.

I'm still very interested in your coloring expression though :-)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde