[Qgis-user] Angle of view

Matt Boyd mattslists at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 02:12:58 PDT 2021

It sounds like you want to calculate the bearing or azimuth from the
camera position to each point on the raster. This would give you the
direction from the camera to the position, then rotate the result so
it aligns with the direction of the camera. You could probably just
create the basic plot once and then just rotate it to match the camera
direction each time.
I'd do it using a regular grid of points and the calculator, then
interpolate that onto a raster if thats what you want.
essentially arctan(dy/dx) with some rotation and conversion from
radians to degrees.

I've done something similar in python, but for flow direction between
nodes in a drainage network, might be overkill.

Good luck