[Qgis-user] [Qgis-community-team] Choropleth mapping

Charles Dixon-Paver charles at kartoza.com
Wed Jun 30 15:06:13 PDT 2021

I think this query is best served on the qgis user mailing list so I'm
moving it there.

In terms of creating a choropleth, QGIS is well suited to the task and
there is a multitude of ways in which you can achieve this. The simplest
may be to change the layer symbology from single symbol to a graduated [1]
symbol type.

QGIS also supports categorized and rule based symbol types which you can
combine with data driven properties for advanced cartography and design.

[1]
https://docs.qgis.org/3.16/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_vector/vector_properties.html?highlight=graduated%20symbol#graduated-renderer