[Qgis-user] DEM Scale problem

Christine geo.guide at web.de
Wed Mar 3 03:56:52 PST 2021

Dear Aloisio,

if I understand you right, you have added a scale bar via menu "View" >
Decorations > Scale Bar ...
to your Map View and then your map view scale changed. Tried it with my
3.14.16 version of QGIS and the map scale doesn't change with switching on
or of the map view scale bar as a decoration object. If the map scale has
been unvoluntarily changed you should be able to adjust it again as you
like.

Or did you add a scale bar to the Print Layout ?
There it may happen, that the label unit multiplier as a property of the
scale bar is unvoluntarily set to something different than 1.00 and then
cause much irritation. Should be normally 1.0 and nothing else.

Regards, Christine

Aloisio Jose Bueno Cotta wrote
> I'm working With QGIS 3.16 and realized that my DEM in UTM Sirgas 2000 24S
> suffered a change after I added the scale bar (view/decoration). The
> distances in the DEM are now 1.000.000 times smaller. (The SRC  still the
> same).
>
> Where it was supposed to show 1 km long, now is measuring 0.01 m.
> I did remove  the escape bar, but the problem remains!

the