[Qgis-user] Trimble GeoXT 2005 Accuracy

kirk kirk at nortekresources.com
Sat Mar 6 15:56:40 PST 2021

A few notes.sbas which is waas in north America is based on equatorial satellites which will get you in the 1 m range in southern Canada. you can achieve sub decimeter accuracy consistently using rtk ,either through a ntrip  caster (base station) broadcasting over the intenet or with your own base station and a radio link. there are a few chip sets and break out boards that you acquire and assemble your own system. This is a very inexpensive option.Another option in Canada is to use precise point positioning (PPP) which requires 6 to 12 hours of observation data using L1, L2 or L1 and L2 data and rinex log files. This comes in handy if you need to establish a remote base station.A proper antennae with a metal ground plane is also critical to getting quality results.Observing under a forested canopy is difficult especially in summer under leaf on conditions,  after a rain which creates multiparth mayhem.There is a reason survey grade equipment is relatively expensive. If you require repeatably accurate results in a variety of conditions this is an option.Kirk Schmidt Sent from my Galaxy
-------- Original message --------From: Jorge Gustavo Rocha <jgr at geomaster.pt> Date: 2021-03-06  6:41 p.m.  (GMT-04:00) To: qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org Subject: Re: [Qgis-user] Trimble GeoXT 2005 Accuracy
    Hi,
    I just jump in this thread to say I'm really impressed with
      Ardusimple. I have a RTK Handheld Surveyor Kit [1] for +- 400 €
      and it works really well.
    I use the national NTRIP service and I have consistently
      precisions around 10 cm with just one receiver.

    I use a free Android application called SW Maps [2]. My survey
      points, tracks and photos are collect in a geopackage that I can
      read in QGIS. I use it mostly to collect ground control points for
      my drone flights.

    Regards,
    Jorge Gustavo

    [1] https://www.ardusimple.com/product/rtk-handheld-surveyor-kit/