[Qgis-user] Raster Layer Symbology Problem

Martin Bittens martin.bittens at gmx.de
Tue Mar 9 04:32:56 PST 2021

Hello QGIS User List,

I already sent this message but it was not posted, so it is here again.
Hopefully it works now.

I am still struggling with the problem creating a legend for a raster
layer. Usually I am working with the following settings in order to
colorize a calculated raster layer (e.g. after applying v.surf.idw on a
point data set):

- rendering type: singleband pseudocolor

- interpolation: linear

- mode: equal interval

In QGIS 3.18.0:

Selecting an appropriate color ramp and applying a classification in,
e.g., 5 classes, I see in the "Layer Properties - Symbology" window the
5 colored classes separately and the corresponding 5 values (in my case
temperatures) for each color coding. But in the "Layer Panel" the legend
shows the color coding as a continuum and only the first and last value
of the value range appears. The same thing happens in the layout manager
when I create a layout for printing which includes a legend.

In QGIS 3.16.4 LTR and previous versions:

Doing the same I get the 5 color classes separately and the
corresponding values for each of the 5 classes in the "Legend Panel"as
well as in the layout manger.

My question: Is this a bug in the new QGIS version or does QGIS 3.18 not
provide this functionality anymore?

Thanks a lot for a comment.

Regards

Martin