[Qgis-user] Trimble GeoXT 2005 Accuracy

Springfield Harrison stellargps at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 00:30:53 PST 2021

Hi Kirk,

OK, I'll rule out the PPP for now, although it doesn't seem to be
practical for production mapping anyway.

I think my antennas are probably OK, none of them have a ground plane,
not practical for field mapping.  I've only seen them in geodetic
applications.  Of course, the aircraft installation is free of multipath
except while on the ground.  Longer observing periods should minimize
the impact of multipath zingers.

The tight clustering of the GeoXT points in Map A doesn't smell of
multipath to me.

Earlier you noted the possibility of antenna shielding by the operator.
With that in mind, I use a tripod or a range pole with the antenna above
head height.  WAAS is actually quite accurate, good for certain (lower
order?) precision approaches.

I'm still digesting all this helpful feedback and will work on a summary
shortly.  Thanks again . . . .

-----
Cheers, Spring