[Qgis-user] Raster Layer Symbology Problem

Martin Bittens martin.bittens at gmx.de
Wed Mar 10 11:34:12 PST 2021

Sebastian, Bernd,

thanks a lot for your response. I checked the links Sebastian sent. As
far as I could see displaying data in the legend as a continuum is a new
feature in QGIS 3.18 which replaced the previous method displaying data
in the legend as categories (as QGIS 3.16.4 is still doing -
fortunately. Otherwise it would be difficult producing maps in ongoing
projects in a consistent layout). And obviously there is no option
available switching between the old and the new display method.
Personally I think it was not a good decision giving up completely the
categorical display in the legend. In particular if you would work with
multiple colors and a large range of values, there is no way to allocate
map colors to the corresponding values, or vice versa.

So, I hope that the next QGIS version will include an option which
allows selecting the method how to  display the data, as continuum or
categorized.

Regards

Martin