[Qgis-user] Changes in Python versions on QGIS 3.18

Pedro Camargo veigacamargo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 17:38:18 PDT 2021

Hello,

I am not sure this is the appropriate mailing list to send this, but here
it goes.

I have noticed that QGIS 3.18 for Windows has shipped with Python 3.9,
after having updated to 3.8 just a couple of versions ago.

As a plugin developer, it becomes very difficult to track things and make
sure plugins are up-to-date in the face of changing Python versions,
especially when the move is to a bleeding edge version such as 3.9 right
now.

What channels should I be plugged into to learn about these changes and
offer input before they happen?  Is there such a channel?

Cheers,
Pedro