[Qgis-user] Fill-down with QGIS expressions

chris hermansen clhermansen at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 13:35:28 PDT 2021

Totò and list,

On Sun, Mar 28, 2021 at 10:04 AM Totò <pigrecoinfinito at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a CSV file [0], how to get the "zona_fill" field?
> The "zona_fill" field is the result of the fill-down of the "zona" column.

Seems to me you are trying to calculate "zona" to "zona_fill".  If that's
the case, you need to

   1. check the box next to "Update existing field" (top right of field
   calculator screen)
   2. select the destination field (in your case, "zona") (just below the
   "update existing field")
   3. in the Expression tab below, there is a window on the left for
   entering the source expression; here you want to enter "zona_fill"
   including the double quotes
   4. then press OK.

If you only want to set the empty "zona" fields, you can either use a more
refined expression involving IF or you can select the records where "zona"
is NULL or empty (two single quotes together).  If the "zona" field is a
fixed field you may have to apply trim() to it to determine whether it is
empty.

If I've misunderstood you, you'll need to provide more details.

--
Chris Hermansen · clhermansen "at" gmail "dot" com

C'est ma façon de parler.