[Qgis-user] Reference Map properties in a different layout

Sebastian Gutwein bas at rdgland.com
Wed May 12 10:54:54 PDT 2021

Hi I am trying to create a map layout that uses the size of the map from a
different layout in expressions. I am looking for something similar to
map_get but being able to pull it from another layout. So maybe layout_get?
How I imagine the expression would work:
y_min(map_get(item_variables( *layout_get*('Layout_1',(
'Main_Map')),'map_extent')))
Is there an expression like this somewhere?

I know I can create a project variable for x_min and use that but I would
rather create a master layout that I can adjust and it adjusts the items in
the other child layouts.
I also know I can create an atlas that allows me to have the same size maps
in each atlas section but I need the themes to change not the view.

Thanks
-Sebastian