[Qgis-user] Lookgin for two shape editting tools

Nicolas Cadieux njacadieux.gitlab at gmail.com
Wed May 12 19:42:27 PDT 2021

See below

Nicolas Cadieux
https://gitlab.com/njacadieux

> Le 12 mai 2021 à 14:38, Camilo Aristizabal <aristizabalcamilo at ymail.com> a écrit :
>

> Dear all
>
> I'd like to do the next set of edition tasks:
>
> 1) Add XY coordinates at both the start and the end of lines in a shapefile (avoiding to create or extract a second point-shape of specific vertices).

You can extract specific vertices and then use the field calculator to get the coordinates

https://docs.qgis.org/3.16/en/docs/user_manual/processing_algs/qgis/vectorgeometry.html#extract-specific-vertices

> 2) Extract the envelope or to poligonize just the border of a cloud of points(shapefile)... Similar to such with which do it from a raster in the GDAL Raster Conversion tool.

This can be done with a concave hull.  A better alternative are the boundary tools in Lastools.

> 3) Create 'string' or 'text' fields with much more than 4000 characters of width inside the shapes, not only 255.

I you use a file format like geopackage, you will not be limited to 255 like the shapefiles.