[Qgis-user] From Clarke 1880 and 1866 to WGS1984

Nicolas Cadieux njacadieux.gitlab at gmail.com
Fri May 14 03:52:22 PDT 2021

Hi,

If this is vector data, open the file and make sure it’s in Clarke 1880 or 1866.  Make sure the data is in the proper place (georeferenced) by opening another data source like a Google layer from quickmap services.  Then, simply select the layer in the layer panel, right click it and use save as or export.  You will have the possibility to change the projection.  You then will be possibly face with the choice of various transformations.  Select the best one.

For raster data, you can try Gdal warp under the raster menu or found in “processing”, a plugin that you must activate under the plugin menu.

Nicolas Cadieux