[Qgis-user] raster to polygons conversion with float value pixels

Bo Victor Thomsen bo.victor.thomsen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 04:21:53 PST 2021

Greetings list -

I have a question about polygonization of a raster layer/file with float
values as pixel values

My raster layer  contains pixel /float/-values from -0.97 to +4.78. When
I run the///"//Polygonize (raster to vector)//"/ processing algorithm I
get a new layer with nice polygons in the layer. However, all my depth
values has been converted to integers in the range from 0 -  4. And the
polygons has been dissolved in fewer and larger polygons that what I wanted.

Is there a method i.e some qualifier or whatnot, that I can add to the
GDAL command-line that would classify the decimal values from meters to
centimeters, i.e I would get a polygon layer with depth values like
-0.99, -09.98 ... 4.78 (around 577 discrete values), and a larger number
of smaller polygons ?

I'm aware that I could take the raster layer, multiply the pixel values
with 100.0; convert to integer; create the the polygon layer from the
modified raster layer and lastly update the depth value in the polygon
layer by dividing it with 100. And yes, I can make a processing model to
do the work

But alas, I have hundreds of raster layers to process, so I trying to
minimize the work for processing each of these raster files.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Kind regards

Bo Victor Thomsen