[Qgis-user] Shapefile to kml for DJI Pilot, planning your drone mission in QGIS.

Nicolas Cadieux njacadieux.gitlab at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 12:48:04 PST 2021

Hi,

I have sent a file for testing.  It looks simple enough,  simpler than
the default KML exporter even when styling is removed.  For now, this
using KMLTOOLS requires two extra steps.  The first is to make sure
there is only one polygon per file (my script make a single kml file for
each polygon found in each of the input shp files), the second is the
unzip extraction from the kmz as the export to kml is not an option.  I
guess both could be added as options in the plugin.  Unfortunately, for
this project, the use of QGIS was not permitted :(  Users must use a
proprietory products for protocol reasons (I will let you guess which
one!!!).  So my solution is this the best way to do it given these
unfortunate circumstances.  I will contact the kmltools developer when I
hear back from the drone pilot as this would good options to have in
QGIS for other projects.

Thanks for the input.

Nicolas