[Qgis-user] QGIS project templates and PostGIS connections

Jorge Gustavo Rocha jgr at geomaster.pt
Mon Nov 22 15:15:53 PST 2021

Hi Frank,

There are several options. That's the problem.

I use pg_services. Every user has his own pg_service file, with their
credentials.

Project templates (and common styles) are stored in one specific
database, that everybody can read.

All Postgis layers are referenced by the service name. Users save their
own projects on the database to. Some resources (like SVG icons and
images used on print compositions) are stored on a WEBDAV shared folder.
Rasters are also published using PostGIS, so rasters are also available
as another PostGIS layer.

This setup is interesting, because QGIS Server is also able to read all
projects prepared by users, for web visualization. The webdav folder is
also readable by the server, so I have no problems on server side
rendering. If properly configured, you can use the server landing page
support to do a quick preview of the projects stored on each database.

Regards,

Jorge Gustavo