[Qgis-user] Accessing Google gvfs mounted files from QGIS

chris hermansen clhermansen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 10:14:54 PDT 2021

Good day everyone,

I have some data stored in Google Drive.  In Ubuntu (21.04) I can view this
data from the Nautilus file manager.  If I open a terminal window in one of
those folders and do an "ls" I see files with names like:

102DKMhG5dFOgocGZcExtph8QVZvH8ya9
104L05_H6_SMc-QpdWO4KWe3EN_40S-DS
106jT1GqnE3vCn2AHfB3OwdMOFSBitFRl
10b8HAKH_FqBudNq6nattu5uh1i4Q_vxX
10c-G1EYbFpUkrheTiuUV0ve3W05oSrP7
10d12QQJ_2V6vI1VIw559Eyk_PQy_lGIs
10F6_2M5JTZamwCsHCxkR2ecSXdr0sjx8
10imLzy8wGtHV76N6woH72aotiiKgBYlK
10IsenXQBSzNlohlWpn0zvvvC99DG5_wU
10IZ5hygKLIWvq-ZjEBsyiJ-9XW2HtgxR

if I use gio list -d (to list files with "display names") I see files with
names like

Poblados_INE.cpg
Red_Vial_Vialidad_2019.cpg
America_del_Sur.cpg
Hortalizas_ODEPA_2014.shp
Monumentos_Nacionales_CMN_2019.dbf
Industria_Forestal_INFOR_2016.shp
LT_AYSEN_MIE.prj
SE_SIC_MIE_2017.prj
Ganado_bovino_ODEPA_2014.prj
Prodesal_INDAP_2015.shx

which is more like what I expect (or at least, hope for).

I would like to access these files with QGIS.  Unfortunately, it doesn't
see the "display names", but rather those shown with "ls", which creates a
problem with navigating to the relevant .shp file.

Has anyone been down this particular rabbit hole with any success?

Thanks in advance.

--
Chris Hermansen · clhermansen "at" gmail "dot" com

C'est ma façon de parler.