[Qgis-user] mapping bus routes

Hugh Kelley hghklly at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 11:16:45 PDT 2021

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone has any good tricks for mapping bus routes. The key
problem is defining how to offset lines where the routes overlap.

I've handled this by chopping up the lines and offsetting in postgis
according to some st_dwithins and st_intersections but wanted to see if
there is anything in the wide world of QGIS that I'm not aware of.

My understanding is that it's a fairly significant challenge to do a great
job with it. A company called transitapp had an interesting blog post about
it a while ago.
https://archive.transitapp.com/transit-maps-apple-vs-google-vs-us-cb3d7cd2c362#.e9kcryzg1

Hugh