[Qgis-user] Filter in field group sections of report

Jésahel Benoist djes1975 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 10:33:44 PDT 2021

Hello Yann,

You can do it programmatically with python and a custom toolbar.

But, I had a similar problem and happily, qgis as a multipurpose tool is
widely accepted by average users and filtering can be easily explained.

In fact my problem was worst, I have tens of layers. I created two layers,
one with geometric feature, one linked to the previous with (let say)
temporal features, and finally a virtual one linking the two previous for
special purposes. All others layers are linked to the temporal one. I
created and shared the multiple layers tools toolbar that permits to filter
a set of layers based on the first in the list (which is the temporal). So
when I click on the multiple filter button, all layers are filtered, and
only the specific needed items are drawn and used for printing.

Explaining the filter button tooks me 5 minutes, really, even to the most
allergic to computers person I know. Of course readable fields names and
readable values helps a lot !

I can give you some later code for a custom toolbar with automatic
filtering that I created to speed things.

Regards

Jésahel