[Qgis-user] Middle line of a river basin

Thayer Young thayeray at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 12 08:28:40 PDT 2021

 I don't know of a way to do it in QGIS, but you can use the ST_ApproximateMedialAxis function in PostGIS. Note your PostGIS needs to be compiled with the SFCGAL library. Note that not all PostGIS installers will include SFCGAL.
Also you may still need to clean up the data further, my understanding is that this is a very difficult problem and an area of research in computer science.
https://postgis.net/docs/ST_ApproximateMedialAxis.html

-Thayer