[Qgis-user] QGIS server in professional use?

Mats Elfström mats.elfstrom at giskraft.se
Sat Oct 16 14:53:58 PDT 2021

Hi!
Thanks to Jorge and Benoit for trying to assist with missing information.
I have attempted to include the suggested code snippets into my virtual
host file, and am at least able to start Apache2 now (there were errors I
had to figure out).
I am not too happy about the resulting mix.

*Conclusion: FAIL*
qgis_server.fcgi is running locally. check
Apache2 is accessible on port 80 (http://geonet.se) check
But despite all efforts, the request
http://geonet.se/qgis/my_12?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3.0&REQUEST=GetCapabilities
invariably gets a 404 Not Found response.

*Conclusion*: QGIS Server is not ready for production.
There is a fatal bug, the missing parts of the documentation which prevents
the setup and configuration of the service.

Now I have to fall back on Geoserver, despite the miserable cartography and
the SLD file difficulties.

Tired and not so happy, Mats.E

--

*GisKraft*, Geodatakonsult

Mats Elfström, Marsvinsholms stationsväg 80, 271 93 Ystad, Sweden
tel: +46 70 595 39 35 / www.giskraft.se