[Qgis-user] QGIS server in professional use?

Saulteau Don sault.don at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 10:17:23 PDT 2021

I haven't had major issues getting a QGIS map server deployed on apache,
but sometimes there would be a thing or two not included in the
step-by-step because individual setups can be different and also require a
diverse level of knowledge and skill sets.

Consider that to get it going you likely had to:

 - deploy a server (windows or linux?)
 - setup a datastore (a database or traditional flat file?)
 - manage and prep your software, data and maps (qgis, qgis server)
 - configure and deploy the web host (iis, apache, nginx?)
 - configure the web host to host the qgis map server

Each one of those components is an industry in itself. As GIS we are often
allowed to or expected to dabble in one or all of them (hence the jack of
all trades, master of none).

So keep trying and reach out for support in any of those specific areas as
it can take a little to learn where the issues actually lie when problems
arise.

Good luck!

Donovan