[Qgis-user] QGIS and PostGIS raster (out-db)

tim dunlevie tim.dunlevie5 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 20:04:57 PDT 2021

Hi all,

Was wondering if someone has a similar experience.
I'm testing storing raster data in my PostGIS db as an 'out-db' option.
It seems to work via the raster2pgsql command line.
The table is generated and I can see the table thru the QGIS browser/DB
Manager.
However, if I drag/drop onto the map I get nothing.
I can, however, zoom to the extents of the image....but I get no image
appearing.
The image is a geotiff.
In-database option works fine.
I'm using QGIS v3.20.3-Odense with Postgresql 13.4 windows.
Has anyone had success managing their raster data like this and viewing in
QGIS ?

My command to store out-db image is below:

raster2pgsql -s 28350 -C -I -F “path\[image_name].tif"
[schema1].[tablename] -R | psql -h localhost -d spatialDB -U postgres
-p 5432

thanks