[Qgis-user] project templates

Thomas Schüttenberg thomas at qgis.de
Mon Oct 25 07:19:24 PDT 2021

Hi There!

I like the handy feature to present/deliver project files as templates on the welcome page at QGIS startup [see 0,1] and I do so via a centralized projectTemplateDir. My idea is to have a kind of map switcher pane, like most webgis clients offer.

Now I wonder, if there are no thumbnails implemented like the recent projects tab has. The configuration of the latter can be found in QGIS.ini, but I can't find anything similar for project templates.

Though I'm aware of the menu 'Project/new from template' I would also like to have a button to call up this project templates frame (or the welcome page) again, after it has vanished by loading/beginning a project.

Maybe someone of you has similar ideas or experiences or even a hint for a minimalistic python plugin for this?

[0] https://docs.qgis.org/3.16/en/docs/user_manual/introduction/qgis_configuration.html#general-settings
[1] https://docs.qgis.org/3.16/en/docs/user_manual/introduction/project_files.html

All the best
Thomas