[Qgis-user] qgis2web: lost jpg images

Stephen Sacks ssacks456 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 06:35:59 PDT 2021

   I'm using qgis2web to move a map from my desktop (QGIS 3.16) to a web
host.  It works well except that jpg images, which appear correctly when
I click on point features on the desktop, don't appear on the web .
Instead, the web version tries to  execute a link of the form
http://a.b.com/images/http__x.y.com_z_name.jpg
where
     a.b.com  is my web site and images  is  a folder created by qgis2web
     x.y.com/z  is the correct URL  for  name.jpg
This would make sense if qgis2web were to put into the "images" folder a
copy  of  the desired picture (with slashes replaced by underscores in
the file name).  But the images folder is empty.
    I don't know how qgis2web is supposed to work:   does it intend to
put into a folder on my site copies of all the images I use? or is it
designed to keep on my site only the corresponding URLs?
      Possibly related:  I've tried  to set the default path for the
photo field in the attribute table for this layer (Properties >
AttributesForm > widgetType=attachment) but it seems to have no effect.
     If anyone cares to investigate, my URL  is    temp9.epizy.com .
"GardenBtrees" is the layer at issue; I don't yet have photos for any
other layer.
    I'll be grateful for any advice.
                Steve