[Qgis-user] QGIS.org Mac DL Links failing?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Sep 9 23:49:56 PDT 2021

On 9/10/21 8:41 AM, Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:
> On Thu, 09. Sep 2021 at 17:26:56 +0000, Mr. Stace D Maples wrote:
>> Anyone else getting Failed No File errors on the DL links for the Mac PR and LTR? I’m getting this in Brave, Firefox and Chrome.
>> [cid:image001.png at 01D7A565.365BE130]
>>
>> Any other place to get them, other than the following?:
>>
>> https://qgis.org/downloads/macos/
>
> Hm, sounds like https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Website/issues/935
>
> No sure what it is - the files were apparently ok.

Recently I was in an environment where they had a so called 'netscaler' (as outgoing proxy I think) to 'clean and guard' downloads from the internal office.
With me that meant:
- using pip: 95% of packages went ok, but some of them triggered something on the netscaler, making it abort the download
- same with npm runs
- same with some installers or zips/jars...

So: could it be that there is 'something' in between the connections between QGIS and this mac's?

In cases of failure, moving to another (4G or another physical) connection, does that help?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde