[Qgis-user] QGIS on a mobile platform

Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Fri Sep 10 09:27:25 PDT 2021

Josh,

Not exactly what you are asking for, but . . .   :c)

We’ve had success (7 currently in the field) with setting up Raspberry Pis with a GIS webserver stack and connecting to them in the field via Wifi from whatever web enabled device you have.  We have over 250k  (250,000) documents on four of them for the Survey field crews, and all the docs are geolocated down to the street level in the City.

https://github.com/klassenjs/rpi-workshop

Works great, you can run the RPi off a USB battery, or connect to vehicle ignition.  The nice piece is it has one button for on/off.  That’s it, run it, connect to Wifi and you have your own private internet/web server.   We’ve planned on setting up some collection processes via the web too, but haven’t gotten there yet.

Anyway, something to think about.

Bobb