[Qgis-user] WMS with filter function

Bo Victor Thomsen bo.victor.thomsen at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 01:06:22 PDT 2021

Hi list -

There might be an obvious answers to these questions, but anyway:

Is there a method to apply a filter definition to a WMS layer in the
QGIS Data-Manager WMS section - without writing it directly into the
HTTP address of the WMS server, i.e /not/ like this:
http:///..url../&FILTER=/...XML mess../ ?

And the second question: Is there any function / plugin to "humanize" a
WMS filter definition, i.e defining the filter by /not/ using XML and
having the function to translate it to XML ??

I am aware of GeoServer's CQL_FILTER parameter. However the WMS server
in question is not GeoServer.

I had a look at the most obvious place for a filter definition: The
properties of a WMS layer, section "Source" and a possible "Provider
Feature Filter" textbox, but alas: No luck finding it.

(I might be totally of the rail by expecting that you can apply a filter
to a WMS service. In that case, please inform me :-)

--
Med venlig hilsen / Kind regards

Bo Victor Thomsen