[Qgis-user] Multi User - QGIS

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Sep 13 02:02:30 PDT 2021

Hi Alexander,

If you use the PostgreSQL transaction mode, you can edit multiple
related tables at once and get the IDs immediately (even before saving
your data).

See Project -->  Properties --> Data Sources and enable at least the
following two checkboxes potentially also the third one:

  	* Automatically create transaction groups where possible
  	* Evaluate default values on provider side

If you want to be on the safe side for future avoidance of ID clashes,
you can also consider using UUID as your primary key column. That will
allow you in the future to better merge independent data sources without
having to worry about ID clashes.

Greetings,

Andreas