[Qgis-user] PostGIS change Server

Charles Dixon-Paver charles at kartoza.com
Sat Sep 25 04:29:17 PDT 2021

If you want to bulk process your layers there are a few options. If you
break the existing connection, the project will prompt you to find new
layers when it starts up, the interface for which includes features like
"auto-find" etc. There is also a plugin called changeDataSource which
provides a similar functionality to changing the data source from the layer
context menu, but I believe it supports bulk processing as well.

Personally in most instances I use a text editor to find and replace the
various data source strings within the project file, but this is context
specific and if you have complex configurations you may break things in
your project. If you want a good visual UX the plugin route is probably the
best.

Regards