[Qgis-user] ordinary kriging parameters

Maria Eugenia Gomez marue_21 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 30 11:03:03 PDT 2021

Hi,
I am using QGIS 3.16.9 Hannover. I want to create a surface (with kriging) from a list of points whose SRC is WGS84. They are in decimal degrees covering a surface of 10km x 9km. I can see the points correctly-

My problem comes with the "Ordinary Kriging" setup. I unchecked "block kriging" and used the following options:
quality measure: stand. dev.
Logarithmic transf.
variogram model: linear
fit:nodes
search range: local
search directions: all directions
number of points: max. number of points

But when I have to fill "cell size", "maximum search distance, block size.. etc", I do not understand the units and I think this is the problem. Which type of units should I use? I tried to use decimal degrees units but then the number of iterations was so high that my computer hangs.

Can somebody help me with this? I searched on the QGIS documentation but it does not say anything about units.
Thanks in advance,
Maria