[Qgis-user] QField 2.0 is here

Marco Bernasocchi marco at opengis.ch
Mon Apr 4 23:30:00 PDT 2022

Dear QGIS community,
it feels like yesterday when in 2011 my inbox received the following text:
"Congratulations! Your proposal “QGIS Mobile” as submitted to “OSGeo – Open
Source Geospatial Foundation” has been accepted for Google Summer of Code
2011." [0]

Back then my idea was already pretty clear, create a standard version of
QGIS that would run on android devices and later on replace the UI with
something more mobile friendly.
QGIS mobile was quickly born and thanks to the help of many of you by the
end of the GSoC I had it running.
Years and commits went by, and out of the experiment QGIS mobile a new star
was born in 2015: QField [1]

What followed was pure pleasure, a fantastic community response and a huge
uptaking of the handy fieldwork app that now counts almost half a
million downloads and is active on roughly 150K devices monthly.

That is why, it is with a heartfelt thankyou that I'd like to announce the
official availability of QField 2.0

If you are interested in more details on the release, here you'll find all
information on our latest blogpost [2]

Cheers Marco

[0] https://www.opengis.ch/2011/04/25/gsoc-2011-im-in/
[1] https://www.opengis.ch/2015/01/28/qgis-mobile-is-now-qfield/
[2] https://www.opengis.ch/2022/04/05/qfield-2-0-is-here/
--
Marco Bernasocchi
OPENGIS.ch CEO

Find a meeting time on my calendar <https://calendly.com/mbernasocchi/30min>
!
marco at opengis.ch
+41 (0)79 467 24 70 <+41794672470>

<https://opengis.ch>

--
 <https://qfield.org/get>

QFIELD 2.0 IS HERE! - Hold the power of QGIS in
your hand - learn more
<https://www.opengis.ch/2022/04/05/qfield-2-0-is-here/> - get it now
<https://qfield.org/get>