[Qgis-user] Metadata management in Geopackages

bernardo ziliotto itabez at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 03:21:58 PDT 2022

Hi,
I am completely new in Qgis and i don't know if there is a way to find
answer to previous questions in this mailing list (in that case please show
me the way and excuse me).
I am preparing geopackages compliant with Inspire, i have my xml metadata
associated to every table, but i did not find a way to associate xml
metadata with QGIS (is it possible?).
I have made the association with DB Browser SQlite by using the gkpg
metadata extension, creating gkpg_metadata and gkpg_metadata_reference
tables according to the following scheme:

http://www.geopackage.org/guidance/extensions/metadata.html

that should be the standard for geopackages, but when I open my gpkg with
QGIS I cannot see metadata associated with my features.

Is that normal? Any suggestions? I know that QGIS have a method to generate
metadata, but i would like to use standard metadata already prepared in xml.

Thank you, Bernardo.