[Qgis-user] Integrated Windows authentication

Tom Chadwin tomchadwin at astuntechnology.com
Tue Apr 26 09:40:34 PDT 2022

Hello all

Has anyone implemented integrated Windows authentication for QGIS,
perhaps via an authentication plugin? Specifically:

- Windows users log into their local Windows sessions with Active
Directory accounts
- QGIS can then authenticate against resources using those account
credentials without the user having to type them in again

At the moment, I'm interested in authenticating against Postgres and
Geoserver instances which are themselves configured to use LDAP
authentication against Active Directory. This is possible with
browsers, but I'm not finding any evidence of it being possible in
QGIS.

Many thanks in advance

Tom

events and training

Astun Technology Ltd, t:+44 1372 744 009 contact us
online <https://www.astuntechnology.com/contact-us/>
web:
astuntechnology.com  <https://www.astuntechnology.com/> twitter:@astuntech
<https://twitter.com/astuntech>

iShare - enterprise geographic
intelligence platform
<https://www.astuntechnology.com/cloud-products/ishare/>

GeoServer,
PostGIS and QGIS training <https://www.astuntechnology.com/training/>
Support <https://www.astuntechnology.com/support/>

Company registration
no. 5410695. Registered in England and Wales. Registered office: 120 Manor
Green Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8LN VAT no. 864201149.