[Qgis-user] Point cloud vertical profiles and measurements (QGIS version 3.22)

Ranjith Gopalakrishnan ranjith.gopalakrishnan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 01:01:00 PST 2022

Hi,

I am using QGIS version 3.22.3 (QGIS 3.18+ supports point cloud
visualisation natively, see here
<https://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/visualchangelog318/>). I have some point
cloud data generated from LiDAR instruments. I would like to generate
several vertical profiles at various locations of the point cloud extents.
And I would like to make vertical measurements, to determine vertical
height differences.

For example, in ArcMAP 10.5, after I have loaded the LiDAR data, I can use
the “profile view” tool. In that tool, I can make vertical measurements.
Please see the screenshot below; blue points are from one point cloud
source and red one are from another. Is there any way to do the same thing
in QGIS?

[image: enter image description here] <https://i.stack.imgur.com/d1suG.png>

I have also posted the same question in gis.stackexchange.com, here
<https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/422531/point-cloud-vertical-profiles-and-measurements-qgis-version-3-22>
.

Regards,

Ranjith.