[Qgis-user] Sorted Unique List

Thayer Young thayeray at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 4 13:35:46 PST 2022

 Hi LW,
Not sure about the first question, it is likely something with the way the code is written. The sort may have been left out to make it run faster?

For the second question: the best way is to just use the "List unique values" tool, the results of which can be saved to CSV.
  If you really want them, the value map data can be found in the .qgs or .qgz file, if you open it in a text editor and search for one of the values.  Note that the description, not the value, is what is displayed in the data entry form, but the value is what is saved in the table.

  You have probably already figured out that to make a sorted unique value map from the data in an existing field with repeated values, you click: "Load Data from Layer" then set the layer to the layer you are modifying, then set both the Value and Description to the field you are modifying and click "View All".

-Thayer