[Qgis-user] Keyboard Shortcuts

Patrick Dunford enzedrailmaps at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 00:04:20 PST 2022

Good day

I am looking at the keyboard shortcuts settings, specifically the
ability to load a set of shortcuts from a file.

As far as I can tell, there is no global settings or ini file that
stores all the shortcuts for the software. Instead, there is an option
to create a file by saving it from the keyboard shortcuts dialog box,
and this file can then be loaded back in at some future time.

As it looks to me now, I can't see a way in which it might be possible
to wipe out all the existing settings before loading this file, or
having the file that is loaded completely replace all of the existing
shortcuts. In other words, loading that file appears to add to the
already defined shortcuts.

My preference would be to have some simple way to load all the settings
from a file to avoid having to manually customise the existing shortcuts
each time (in this case to remove the three single letter shortcuts that
appear to be default allocations in the user interface). Is there any
way of achieving this?