[Qgis-user] Help Ukraine, Boycott Russia

Andreas Neumann andreas at qgis.org
Fri Feb 25 02:48:28 PST 2022

Hi all,

May I suggest that we stop this thread here - and try to fight the Russian
aggression in different ways / different channels? This is not the right
channel to make a meaningful difference in this horrible war.

As an example, we can try to influence / put some pressure on our local
governments. Both the German and the Swiss governments are blocking more
effective sanctions on Russia. By not buying Russian energy and raw
materials and by freezing bank accounts of Russian oligarchs who support
this war - this is where we can make a difference. So the pressure needs to
be put on our European governments - and not in the QGIS user community.

As an example: in Berne / Switzerland there will be a demonstration
tomorrow at noon to put pressure on our Swiss government to freeze Russian
bank accounts and to prohibit raw material trading (a lot of Russian raw
materials are traded in Switzerland). I believe this is where we can make a
difference.

Wish you all the best,
Andreas