[Qgis-user] automate connection to a PostGIS db for QGIS

Richard McDonnell richard.mcdonnell at opw.ie
Fri Jan 7 04:27:28 PST 2022

Hi,
I’m unaware of a script, but you could just create a Default Project. These can be stored at a central location, everyone can access or place on their desktop, which will load all the Layers they require.

If it’s any help, all the connection details are stored under the QGIS user Profiles. On Windows these can be found here C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\QGIS\QGIS3\profiles, maybe someone here could point out how you might be able to create a single file which can be placed within each users default Profile.
I think though messing with peoples profiles could be problematic, which is why I’d suggest the Default Project as above

Sorry I can’t be of any more help.
Regards,

Richard.

——
Richard McDonnell MSc GIS, FME Certified Professional
FRM Data Management

——
Oifig na nOibreacha Poiblí
Office of Public Works

Sráid Jonathan Swift, Baile Átha Troim, Co na Mí, C15 NX36
Jonathan Swift Street, Trim, Co Meath, C15 NX36
——
M +353 87 688 5964 T +353 46 942 2409
https://gov.ie/opw

——