[Qgis-user] Hstore in temporary layer?

Thayer Young thayeray at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 13 13:41:28 PST 2022

 I think this would be a feature request, I do not see it in the Github issues. It would be nice to be able to use hstore in temporary layers. If I add a field to a temporary layer I am not given the option of hstore in the data type selection, so I assume the answer to your question is no it is not implemented.
As a frequent user of OpenStreetMap extracts I have the same question, hopefully others will give you feedback on the status of this.
There is a workaround which you likely have already discovered. You can fool QGIS by casting the hstore field to text, e.g. by making a view in PostGIS. You can use the text field as hstore fairly easily in expressions.The problem of course is that if you want to edit the hstore field in your temporary layer, you have to write out the hstore text, you don't get to use the convenient QGIS key value form that QGIS gives for hstore fields.
-Thayer
Message: 3